1. This Biennal is opened to all creators that use technics of ceramics in most of their works. They can take part of it individually or collectively.
2. The works must be original and unpublished. Works taking part of other contests will not be accepted.
3. The participants can present three works at the most. If it happens, the Jury will only select one of them. A set of pieces will be considered as one work.
- Three color digital photographs of each entire work made from different angles and with a neutral background. On the backside of each photograph the title of the work must be written. The sheet with the technical data of the rules must be also included.
- The curriculum vitae of the author.
- A minimum of 7 photographs of previous entire works, in order to value the evolution of the ceramist.
5. The Jury, formed by people of recognized prestige related to ceramics and art in general and by one representative of the Town Council of El Vendrell, will choose the works of maximum 20 participants.
6. Although the works will be selected by photograph, the Jury reserves the right of excluding them from the exhibition, if the occasion arises.
7. The selected works must be handed over from 14th to 18th September 2015, from Monday to Friday from 10 h to 14 h, to the following address:
Patronat Municipal de Serveis Culturals
La Rambla, 24
43700 El Vendrell
Phone: (00+34) 977 66 56 84
8. An exhibition and a catalogue will be done with the selected works.
9. The participants are responsible for sending and picking up the works. The works must be sent in wood boxes, covered on the inside, and perfectly immobilized. On the outside of the packaging it must be the photograph of the work with the title and the postal data. If the packaging is not the right one, the organization will not show the works and they will be returned to the author/s by carriage due. A damaged work will not be shown. The organization will not pay the cost of damaged or broken works during the transport.
10. When the works come from outside the European Union, the artist will pay the customs charges.
11. The Jury will select the three prized works, which will belong to the Town Council of El Vendrell and they will be part of the town collection of art.
12. The verdict of the Jury will not be open to appeal and it will be announced the day of the inauguration of the exhibition (October 2015).
13. From 9th to 13th November 2015, the non prized works must be picked up. After this period of time, the works will belong to the Town Council of El Vendrell.
14. The selected participants and the winners accept the reproduction of their works and the reference of their names in all events, media, printed and digital material or webs that the organization considers appropriate, without demanding any money from image rights.
15. The prizes are the following ones:
A collective exposition of the three winners during the following year (October 2016) and the edition of a catalogue with the illustrations of the works of the exposition and a text of each artist.
There are also cash rewards for the winners:
- 1st prize: 4.000 €
- 2nd prize: 2.500 €
- 3rd prize: 1.000 €
The rewards are subject to tax withholdings
16. The three winners commit to be in or to send someone to the inauguration of the exhibition and to the prizes ceremony, where the winner must present his/her work.
17. The participation in this Biennal means that everyone accepts the explained conditions. Any circumstance that is not included in these rules will be solved by the organization and the Jury.
The rules can be also looked up in the web of the Town Council of El Vendrell: www.elvendrell.cat.
For the Catalan and Spanish version pleae visit: www.elvendrell.cat